For most phones that support Miracast, the mirroring option is available, that lets users watch content from the tablet or stream phone to fire stick.
Which Device is Compatible to Stream Phone to Fire Stick?
Devices compatible with the mirroring feature are:
- Android OS 4.2 (Jelly Bean) or higher running Android devices – their performances may vary.
- Both 3rd generation Kindle Fire HDX 7″ and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9″.
- 4th generation Fire HDX 8.9 and 5th generation Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 10.
- Additionally, the Amazon Fire Phone.
Users must make sure that the compatible mobile device and the Fire TV device are within 30 feet of each other. Turn all the devices on. Also, make sure both devices connect to the same Wi-Fi network if your mobile device isn’t registered to the same Amazon account as your Fire TV device.
Note: Display Mirroring remains unsupported on the Amazon Fire TV 3rd generation device, the Fire TV Cube and the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
Using Miracast Screening Technique
- Press and hold the ‘Home’ button on your Fire TV remote to quickly start display mirroring.
- Then to connect your compatible mobile device, select the ‘Mirroring’ option.
- To stop display mirroring press any button on your remote at any time.
Depending on your Miracast-enabled device here are detailed connection steps;
For Android Devices
- From the Fire TV menu select Settings>Display & Sounds>Enable Display Mirroring.
- Connect to your Fire TV device on your Android device (device manufacturer will be in the best position to help if you need more information about connecting your Android device).
- To stop mirroring your Android device screen, press any button on your Fire TV remote.
Fire Tablets with compatibility
- Tap ‘Settings’ after you swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Thereafter select Display or Display & Sounds ->Display Mirroring.
- On your TV screen, it can take up to 20 seconds for your Fire tablet screen to appear after selecting it.
- Tap ‘Stop Mirroring’ to stop mirroring your Fire tablet screen.
On Amazon Fire Phone
- First, launch ‘Quick Actions’ and from here go to the ‘Display’.
- Tap on ‘Share your screen via Miracast’ from under the display option.
- Thereafter, you just have to select Fire TV in order to stream phone to fire stick.
Using Allcast on Fire Stick
AllCast recently added support for the Fire TV. From any Android device, you can stream music, videos and photos.to the big screen.
- From the web download the AllCast app to your Fire TV.
- Thereafter, get the app on your Android device.
- Limited video lengths with ad removal facilities are available in the basic version.
- The premium version costs around $4.99.
- A list of compatible devices is displayed for you to select.
- Find the media that you want to send to the Fire TV.
- A choice is available from the Google Drive, Google+, network locations and from the local device.
- It provides playback control and the ability to browse to other files after you start sending the media to the Fire TV.