The powerful Amazon Fire Stick 4K is designed to produce a vivid and brilliant 4k streaming experience for its users. With lightning processer and higher storage space, the streaming device is a top-notch in the industry which can offer the experience of HDR 10, HDR10+ and Dolby vision. For first-time users, it may be difficult to setup your streaming device. That’s why we share our insights on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k setup. Follow the guide and complete your setup process.
Pre-requisites for the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Setup
To arrange installation for your Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Setup, you require a compatible TV, which is usually HD or Ultra HD TVs, that comes with an HDMI input port. All the 2nd and 3rd generation devices and the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K are compatible with HD and Ultra HD displays.
1st and 2nd generation Amazon models require an HDMI cable while male-to-male cables are required by the Fire TV devices.
The Fire TV 4K (also the Fire TV 3rd generation devices), additionally, will need an Amazon Ethernet adapter to connect to the Ethernet. A setup process includes the presence of working wireless or wired internet connection that can access content from the internet.
Device registration is imperative as well. So, users have to get an ‘Amazon account’ to be notified about all the latest features, functionality and to get timely software updates. With the account, users will also be able to retrieve information about content purchased or rented. The device, during the setup process, will allow you to create an account.
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Setup Process
While plugging one end of the power adapter to the HDMI port on the TV, connect the other one to a power port present behind the Fire TV to begin your Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K setup.
Plugging in the HDMI
- Plug the HDMI cable to the TV’s port as well as to the port on the Fire TV device.
- Select the input channel for the HDMI port you used to connect your Fire TV and turn on your TV.
- After the TV screen loads completely, you will get a view of the Amazon Fire TV logo.
- For the Amazon Fire Stick Remote, insert the included batteries into it to set it up.
- On the back of the remote use your thumbs to apply pressure on the arrow.
- Lift up the back cover to insert the two AAA batteries that came along with the package.
- Slide down to click it into place as you reposition the back cover onto the remote.
- Your remote should automatically pair with your Amazon Fire TV after you insert the batteries.
- Press and hold the Home button for up to 10 seconds to send it to “discovery mode” so you can complete the pairing process if your remote doesn’t pair right away.
Connecting to the Internet
- Via a Wi-Fi or wired (Ethernet) connection to connect your Fire TV to the Internet, follow the on-screen instructions thereafter.
- During the first-time setup, you will receive a “Save Wi-Fi Passwords to Amazon” option.
Device Registering and Setup Completion
- To register your Fire TV to your Amazon account, follow the on-screen instructions.
- A quick “Welcome” video will appear on how to use your Fire TV once you have completed the setup.
- To watch movies and series, sign up for the Prime and also set parental controls for your device.