Amazon Fire Stick is always delivering its efforts to gratify all the fickle needs of the customer. It can bag all the contents, as it is an easily portable one. Be it a hotel or school or dorm, you can take your fire stick anywhere with you. Just by plugging the fire TV stick to HDMI port of the TV, you can stream all your favorite movies and series using the public wi-fi.
Here is the complete guide on Amazon fire stick captive portal and how to connect it with a public network.
What is Captive Portal?
Captive portal acts a gateway when a user tries to connect to a public Wifi. Basically, it is a web page you will encounter before you get access to the public network. Hotel rooms, dorms, schools, restaurants, airports and other public places. Using the Amazon fire stick captive portal, an individual can connect his/her streaming stick to the hotels, dorms, and other places.
Requirements for Amazon Fire Stick Captive Portal Access
In the Amazon fire TV package, you can find the following devices and accessories.
- Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Remote
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- HDMI Extender
- 2 AAA Batteries
- A User Guide
How to Connect Fire Stick to Public Wi-Fi?
With streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV stick, it is not very difficult to get access to the movies and series at any place. You will be able to connect the Fire TV to public internet networks on the go. For Amazon fire stick captive portal, you need to fulfill some authentication. Follow the below-mentioned steps to make the public network connection.
- Connect the Fire TV Stick to your TV and turn on the device and TV.
- In the home menu, enter the settings and select the ‘Network’ option.
- The available networks will be displayed.
- Choose the network that you want to connect your device.
- Some internet networks need a separate web page to sign in.
- In this case, the browser window will open automatically in the TV screen.
- With this browser window only, the user can be able to enter the login page for the available network.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines and enter the necessary credentials if required, like, shared Wi-Fi password or any other numbers.
- If you face any errors during this step, you should contact the system administrator and network owners to resolve.
Start to Use
- To select any link in the browser, you can use the ‘Menu’ button on your remote.
- The on-screen keyboard can automatically open for entering the texts.
- After establishing the connection with the network, the browser window will close.
- The internet network speed in the public network is a varied one, so that high chances are there to affect the Fire TV Stick performance.
In addition to the above instructions, if you need more clarification on how to use Amazon fire stick captive portal or how to connect Amazon Fire Stick to public wifi like hotels and dorms, reach our expert team by ringing the toll-free number:+1-844-920-4357 or visit Amazon Fire Stick Setup,